Getting to Whangamata
Well of course you could follow the yellow brick road as all roads lead to Whangamata for the Beach Hop!
If you are traveling from Australia then we recommend you fly into either Hamilton or Auckland. Both cities are a comfortable 2 hour drive from Whangamata.
United Campervans have a HOT deal for Beach Hop entrants. They have a range to choose from including vans with a toilet & shower. Book yours now by
If you are traveling from within New Zealand and coming from the South, then the best route is to aim for Taupo, then Matamata, Te Aroha, Paeroa, Waihi, and then 30km on to Whangamata. Alternatively you could go Taupo, Rotorua, Tauranga and Waihi. Heading from the north you should point your nose towards Thames however once you go across the infamous Kopu bridge turn right and head over the spectacular Kopu-Hikuai road. Don’t miss the turn-off at Hikuai – turn right and hop on over the hill to Beach Hop at Whangamata.
COOK STRAIT CROSSINGS
The special Interislander online rate of 10% off the best available online fare is available to entrants.Group Booking Reference: FA5566
The below rates are based on one-way travel, prices to date, inclusive of GST and subject to availability.
Premium Lounge $45.00
Trailer up to 5.5 metres $120.00
Each half metre over 5.5 metres $15.00
Group Booking conditions and instructions for members are:
• Each reservation must be made direct with Interislander –
Putting FA5566 into the group discount box
• Every reservation will be given an expiry/payment date, required to be paid in full by that date
• Space is subject to availability at the time of the booking request
• 90% refundable if cancelled once payment has been made.
• Confirmed entry to Beach Hop to be shown at check in or retails fares will be charged.
• Fares valid through for travel 01 March through to 12 April 17